October 25, 2022
About the Prostate Cancer Foundation
The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) is the world’s leading philanthropic organization dedicated to funding life-saving prostate cancer research. Founded in 1993 by Mike Milken, PCF has raised close to $1 billion in support of cutting-edge research by more than 2,200 research projects at 245 leading cancer centers in 28 countries around the world. Thanks in part to PCF’s commitment to ending death and suffering from prostate cancer, the death rate is down by over 50% and countless more men are alive today as a result. The Prostate Cancer Foundation research now impacts more than 73 forms of human cancer by focusing on immunotherapy, the microbiome, and food as medicine. More information about PCF can be found at www.pcf.org.
The Executive Assistant to the President and CEO leads administrative support and organizational coordination to the executive department to meet the goals and mission of the Prostate Cancer Foundation. This position works closely with PCF leadership and supports special projects and initiatives as identified to fulfill the strategic and department plans.
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
This position is responsible for providing daily, real-time support for the CEO on internal and external meetings and follow-up tasks. The Executive Assistant to the CEO takes a proactive approach in planning and prioritizing the CEO’s calendar by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, digital meeting technology and all other meeting logistics. The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for managing the list of CEO relationships, engagements, creating presentation PowerPoints, technology needs, and liaising with the PCF team members as needed to ensure preparedness for the CEO’s meetings, conversations, presentations, etc. The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for coordinating travel arrangements for the CEO and managing expenses. The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for leveraging the CEO’s time by acting as a proxy for communications and approvals, answering general questions, referring (filtering) routine matters to appropriate PCF leaders and following up to ensure proper disposition. The Executive Assistant to the CEO seeks to improve office efficiency by proactively evaluating new digital tools and applications and supporting other to use these tools.
- Supports the CEO by performing daily administrative duties and completing a broad variety of administrative tasks that includes managing an active calendar of appointments, managing complex travel arrangements and itineraries, completing expense reports, updating databases, creating agendas and meeting minutes, and preparing documents for meetings
- Conserves the CEO’s time by proactively reviewing upcoming tasks and meetings, communicating with internal staff, conducting research, routing correspondence, writing letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating communications
- Prepares meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes
- Monitors meetings at wrap-up stage for next steps, formulate post-meeting action items, alert the CEO, and enter into work operating process management system as needed
- Drafts reports, letters, proposals and prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with Board members, key stakeholders, donors and prospects
- Serves as a contact and delivers exemplary customer service to external donors, board members and other stakeholders
- Supports donor recognition projects and initiatives as needed and requested by the CEO
- Enters donor data information and interactions where applicable and ensures data standards and accuracy are met
- Assists in coordinating the management team and staff meetings and coordinates other project teams and cross functional team meetings and materials as needed
- Creates domestic and international travel packs and detailed itineraries for the CEO and others as requesetd (i.e., event information, itineraries/logistics of travel) and follow-up
- Accompanies the CEO during travel, on occassion, to support daily scheduling and administrative needs
- Manages and completes the CEO’s expense reports accurately in a timely fashion
- Provides PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Monday.com, Raiser’s Edge-based software analytical support to assist CEO on special projects
- Researches issues, analyzes problems, compiles data and prepares short, 1-page bulleted reports for CEO with supporting materials in PowerPoint as needed
- Provides prospect research for CEO, CDO, and Chairman of Board
- Supports patient navigation tasks as needed such as gathering medical information, contacting medical centers, and scheduling medical appointments in cooperation with stakeholders
- Composes correspondence, proofreads, edits
- Superior organizational skills
- Meticulous detail-orientation and a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to interact professionally with high-level Board members, donors, and stakeholders
- Demonstrate poise and tact under pressure and handle matters with sound judgement, extreme confidentiality and diplomacy
- Awareness and comfort with medical terminology
- High fluency with Microsoft OS and Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with work operating systems, ex. Monday.com
- Experience with CRM systems, ex. Raiser’s Edge NXT
Work Environment: Mainly inside with low noise.
Physical Demands: Bending sitting, lifting (less than 20 pounds, non-repetitive), driving, plane travel, etc.
Position type and expected hours of work: Full-time, typically 8am-5pm PT, five days a week, but can be expected to be available or present for work on ocassional weekends, evenings and more than 40 hours a week as needed per CEO’s schedule and work demands.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years’ experience in a modern, digitally-enabled administrative environment
- A minimum of 4 years experience supporting C-suite executives
- Expert-level knowledge of Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), desktop applications. work operating systems and Slack with desire to learn new technology
- Experience in planning meetings and coordinating domestic and international travel, completing expense reports
- Proven performance in a customer-facing, patient-facing, or service-oriented role requiring a high level of discretion
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.